Monday, June 29, 2009

Challenging Months

6 months of Year 2009 had passed by with so much challenges, and changes for me. As I made a decision to have a job change this year, I found myself having to work harder to prove myself, taking less holidays, enjoying less perks than before. I could have stayed on my previous position, remain cozy and rosy, with 24 days of annual leave, drifting on & losing my focus at work... but revisiting my decision, a change is a must for me. One must move on, adapt to changes and progress in life.

Facing regular "tough work in the office", I find myself often returning home to feel vexed by our new maid's performance. Imagine hiring a maid who cannot perform basic house chores such as hovering, mopping, ironing etc. I often imagine that I will make a better maid than the new filipinas recruits. Nevertheless, we never gave up, we continued motivating our new maid and guiding her in the basics. We can see that our effort is nearly paying off as she's reacting positively and has built friendship with our 5-year old.

The best news as I am writing this blog is that despite my crazy, hectic lifestyle, I found the time for my family, with the people I love, to continue painting and loving myself.

I am thrilled by the thought that we are all set to depart for a family holiday in Tioman this Friday morning. We can't wait to spend time with each other, being surrounded by beautiful nature, snorkelling with lots of fishes. We last visited Tioman in July 2006 when our child was only 2 years old. We stayed on the island for 5 days, enjoying the famous ABC dessert daily and doing nothing except relaxing by the beach. It will be wonderful to revisit this beautiful island again in the company of the family.

Hopefully, I get to travel more towards the end of this year.

No comments: