Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Downunder


10 - 14 August 2009, Sydney


MOTH has been travelling frequently this year due to work and the family has spent lesser time together & taken lesser vacations as compared to previous years.


It took me by surprise when MOTH suggested that we travel to Sydney with him. Unfortunately, he had to be at work all week while in Sydney while the 5-year old and I took a R&R, mother-and-child bonding week. The week passed by quickly with me regretting not packing the right clothes for the weather. It was cold in Sydney with rain & wind so a normal jacket will not suffice.


I had to buy a thick jacket with fur hood for the 5-year old to keep her warm. The entire trip was dedicated to the 5-year old. We spent nearly the whole afternoon at the Aquarium, we took a day trip via ferry to the Taronga Zoo, spent more time at the Wildlife Park... I didn't rush her. Just allowed her to take her time to explore the sights, the animals, the marine life... On the other hand, she cooperated by carrying her little haversack and walked on her own despite the tiredness and dragging her feet uphill every evening as we head back to Hotel Intercon. I knew how happy she was as she wakes up every morning smiling, greeting us "good morning" and hugging us very tightly with kisses telling us she loves us.


It was a great feeling to be able to spend so much time together without any other interruptions. Though, I had very little time for myself that week, I felt it was all worth it.


Despite the temperature, the sunny days warm up my cold bones. It was nice to sit out there at the park, taking in the sun. It was very easy to get around Sydney by public transport and by foot. We took the train, the light rail, the ferries, taxis and walked a lot. People were very friendly and willing to show us the way. I love the visit to the ROCKS where we spotted old brick houses left by the early settlers and I love the way old architectures have been kept and now blended in nicely with modern buildings.





















No comments: